How cool is traffic school? Pretty darn cool! This is a great way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday morning. The traffic school has a neat little set up happening with pedestrian crossings, busy intersections with operating traffic lights, round-a-bout's, train crossings and even a petrol station. There is also, a BBQ, picnic table plus an awesome sand pit and some play equipment too. You can bring your own bike or they do have bikes here for you to borrow (for free). Trikes, balance bikes, bikes with or without training wheels.
NOTE: The Essendon Traffic School opens for weekday school holiday sessions
Mamma's hot tips:
- Get there 15 minutes early. You can't book so it works on a first 30 kids in basis.
- Bring snacks etc (there is no canteen or food available on site)
- you can hire the place for a party. More info here
- They don't do 'cash' so bring an eftpos card
- They do have instant coffee and tea in the shed for $1.00 but if you are hangin' for a good coffee stop and pick one up on the way!.
the nitty gritty
Public days are Saturday
10am - 12 noon
$8 per child
plus during school holidays they run
2 x sessions during the week
10am - 12noon and 1pm-3pm.
Please note there are no public sessions on Friday, 7 July or Friday, 14 July.
School Holidays Junior Sessions (2-7yo)
Monday and Wednesday
mornings during the school holidays are reserved for kids between 2-7yo
Children aged 7 and over will not be permitted to ride during Junior public sessions.
All other sessions are available for children aged 2-10 years.
max 30 kids and it works on a first in basis - they do not take bookings for public sessions
no scooters. for ages
wanna know more? click here
Corner of Albion and Lawson St